The company’s language operations platform blends advanced artificial intelligence with human editors, for fast, efficient, high-quality translations that get smarter over time. Unbabel integrates seamlessly in any channel so that agents can deliver consistent multilingual support from within their existing workflows. Making it easy for enterprises to grow into new markets and build seamless customer experiences in every corner of the world.
Based in San Francisco, California, Unbabel works with leading customer support and marketing teams at brands such as Facebook, Microsoft, Booking.com, and Under Armour to communicate effortlessly with customers around the world, no matter what language they speak.
What's this opportunity about?
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Integrations Team in Lisbon.
Are you a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for integrating cutting-edge technologies? Do you have a knack for bridging the gap between different software systems? If so, Unbabel's Integrations Team has the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Backend Engineer you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our clients can seamlessly integrate Unbabel's translation capabilities into their existing systems and workflows. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, product managers, and customer success specialists, to deliver tailored integration solutions that meet our clients' unique needs.
In this dynamic role, you'll collaborate on continuously evolving products, pushing the boundaries of what's achievable in technology. Join our team to make a tangible impact on our company and the industry as a whole.
- Designing and implementing reliable architectures and services;
- Maintaining and improving existing services;
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Performing task breakdown and prioritisation of software development-related activities;
- Contributing to a culture of self-improvement and high standards of quality;
- Identifying and solving problems quickly and efficiently, especially in an environment where there are time constraints and a need for rapid prototyping.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in writing clean, concise, testable, and maintainable code;
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or gRPC;
- Experience with relational and/or non relational databases (such as Postgres or MongoDB);
- Experience in test automation frameworks, optimising performance and security enabling delivery of robust and maintainable architecture;
- Experience working in an Agile software engineering environment;
- Comfortable with English communication;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Ability to collaborate within team and across teams; demonstrate attention to detail; possess a “can-do” attitude; and eagerness to learn new things.
Nice to have
- Experience with relevant Python frameworks (FastAPI, Flask);
- Experience in implementing microservices;
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Experience building, operating, and truly owning services. Implementing alerting, metrics, monitoring and logging using Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, PagerDuty;
- DevOps experience (AWS preferred) architecting, configuring cloud technology stacks (Compute, Network Security, API Gateways, VPCs, Kafka/MKS, Gitlab CI/CD etc);
- Understanding of AWS (S3, SQS, etc) and terraform.
What to expect from our interview process?
- Interview with Recruiter
- Backend Challenge
- Technical Interview
- Competitive salary at one of Europe’s leading tech startups;
- A stimulating startup environment committed to diversity and inclusion;
- Health insurance;
- Stock options;
- Flexible working hours;
- Individual budget to set up your workstation;
- Budget for learning and development;
- Free office breakfast.
Unbabel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or mental disability. Not only do we not discriminate, but we celebrate differences. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
(We are not accepting candidates coming from recruitment agencies at this moment)